So what is William up to on the eve of his first birthday?
- He is now reaching out his hand to show he wants (to see/touch) something or wants us to go there (if I am carrying him)
- He goes "bye bye" with his hand. It's not exactly a wave as he scrunches his fingers up and opens his hand again but the meaning is definitely there. We do this to say bye to Daddy and Emma as they leave for kindergarden in the mornings.
- Still no real words. More like "bah" "stah" "ahh" "mam-am-am" "bah-ba-bah" "bdaaaah!" "duh, duh, doy" "bbbbrrr" (he blows bubbles) and a lot of grunting and banging his arms to show frustration. He is very expressive with sounds and facial expressions.
Physical & mobility
- Weighs 10,6kg! Wearing 86cm clothes.
- He is crawling faster and faster, still not walking alone but pulls himself up as soon as he can using me, a table, a pram, a chair, shelves, etc.
- LOVES playing and climbing outside!
- He likes having his teeth brushed.
- Pulls the grass out of the ground in the garden.
- Likes playing with balloons.
- Stays still when having his finger nails cut (this is amazing to me as he is very rarely still!)
- Crawls off to see other kids and adults at play-dates or when picking Emma up from kindergarden.
- Loves dogs!
- Loves discovering and trying things (even putting his hand in the toilet & going for the toilet brush yuck!)
- Enjoys being carried and being high up.
- Loves playing with doors, banging on the washing machine door when it's washing, opening boxes and spilling and pulling out all of the contents - noisily if possible
- likes it when you stroke his head with one finger when he is tired/falling asleep
- Doesn't cry much when he hurts himself.
- Is stubborn/determined as can be.
- Laughs easily and loudly. So lovely!
- Seems very independent yet likes to be in the midst of things and does not like being left alone much.
- Absolutely hates it when you walk past him as he crawls towards you!
- always wants to climb out of his high-chair - even as he is eating
- Is constantly arching his neck to see what else is going on
- Sleeps nights from 7pm to 6 or 6h30 am.
- Naps were from 10am-11h20 in his bed (with a little help to extend after 30 minutes) and again at 14h40-15h20 (on bed or pram). Now that we are on summer time naps take place 11h-12h30am. Then just as Will wakes, it's just about time for Emma's nap around 1pm for about an hour. So we have 3 different nap times during the day! How fun are our week-ends?!!