Monday, October 01, 2012

Mini update

So now that the kids have been in school for 3 weeks I am sick. With the flu. Totally and utterly blocked up and already on my third tissue box although it is around 30° outside and stubbornly nothing like autumn which would make me at least feel seasonal.

On the bright side, so far, it's only me. Phew.

Today, we celebrate our first year since we moved to Athens. One year. Utterly unbelievable. Perhaps it's the constant sun that is making it seem like it has been many summers already. I don't mean to sound spoiled, and I never thought I would feel this way, but I wish it would cloud over and cool down just a bit so I could wear trousers and a sweater and put my sunglasses away. Just occasionally you know? Instead, google weather is constantly showing this - and usually it's 4 suns  - like a win on a cash machine. 



Just yesterday, Steph and kids swam in the pool - although it was chilly when they got out. But it was October 1st! Nothing like autumn (grumble, mumble, sigh).

We took advantage of the warm weather and had another BBQ




and also prepared home made pizza

which was actually really delicious thanks to the dough recipe I got from my Italian friend M.


What else?
Emma started Zumba lessons, of which I hope to be able to show you some pics soon, William is learning the colours at nursery, of which his all time favorite is purple (although he could be colour blind...) and Emma is learning about the body, it's brain, lungs and circulatory system. 
I am on a diet - I know! who the hell goes on a diet after the summer holidays?! - which is actually really helping me to food-shop more efficiently but is a bummer when it comes to dirty dishes as I mostly prepare 2 dinners (one for me and one for the rest of the gang who is mostly growing upwards) on top of a midday lunch for myself and then lunch boxes for the next day. Even after a year, I still hate them.  
Emma and Will are taking French classes 2 times a week
We have decided to go back to Geneva for the Christmas holidays
I am in love with Yotam Ottolenghi's aubergine croquette recipe from his mouth watering recipe book Plenty

mmm.... I think that's about it for now.

Have a happy week all!

No comments: