Thursday, August 31, 2006

Too much sun!

Just back from a few days in lively Istanbul.
On Tuesday, just as we were coming out of the Blue Mosque, it literally started pouring. It rained so hard, that even under cover you got soaked from the drops bouncing off the asphalt.
I never thought I'd say this, but I really enjoyed the clouds and the rain!
I hadn't realized how much I missed "continental weather" until it dawned on me, these were the first clouds and rain drops I'd seen in 3 months. I guess, you just don't appreciate the sun and warmth when it's perpetually 38°C ! And the gray sky really set off the gold on the top of the Blue Mosque and the peachy orange of Aya Sofia.


Luckily for us, the rain only lasted an hour. The next day, the sky was cleared from dust and pollution and the air was crisp and clear.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeaah...know what u mean by continental weather. Back in Genava a couple of weeks ago it was a delight to feel cold! It's arround 34 degrees here in Bangkok but the rain is incessant. Huge storm yesterday that doesn't want to end. About 6 more weeks and the cold season starts, which means I can go outside again!