Thursday, August 21, 2008

Smart, cute and eco-friendly all-in-one

How ecologically green are you?
Most of us try to use as few single-use plastic bags as possible. Yet, I for one, often forget my big re-usable carrier bags in the trunk of the car or even at home
because most of the green carrier bags are big, ugly and bulky and don't fit into your purse (if they do, they won't be able to fit all your food shopping in).
So unwittingly, I end up either having to pay for a carrier bag -paper in Switzerland, re-usable plastic at Spar in Vienna, re-usable plastic covered material in major supermarkets in France- or get a free plastic one (unfortunately most places in Switzerland). Even if I have managed to remember my bulky re-usable carrier bag, I end up with a couple of plastic ones when buying fruit and veg anywhere but a market, if only to weigh the fruit and veg. So much for saving the planet and thinking of my kid's future.


Another inconvenience of most re-usable bags is that many cannot be machine washed so once you've spilled some yogurt, say, you can either through the bag out (paper) or have to scoop out the mess and wipe it with a cloth and that's a real pain in the tush.


So, I am thrilled, to promote (because I really think it's a very smart idea and anyone who knows me, knows I love smart inventions) and hopefully convince you to buy a
Trolley Dolly bag so that you never have to use another plastic bag again.

Because
:
  • you will take this one with you when you food shop
  • it will fit and carry all the stuff you buy
  • it will even fit your parking ticket/tube card, pen, shopping list, I-pod...
  • it can be machine washed
  • it will not break
  • it is rather cute
  • you won't need to use any plastic bags (not even to weigh the fruit and veg)

Imagine the thrill at the till when you say; "no thanks, no bag required, I have what it takes".


Have a look at the below. It's Zoe, mother to three and the inventor of the Trolley Dolly Bag




Then compare it to the one you have or one of the below:
flip and tumble
chico bags
turtle bags

if you're as smitten as I was this is the place to go!

Happy shopping!

No comments: