Thursday, November 09, 2006

Potato Pita

In utter despair of the heating ever coming on again, I resolved to try heating myself from within. No, not in a spiritual way, or by doing exercise, but via good old carbs.
I tried J. 's recipe of Bosnian Potato pita.

Although tasty, mine looked nothing like her pics.


If you can do this without the phylo pastry tearing when folding the pita into "loose cinnamon bun shapes", let me know!


Off to Istanbul for a few...

P.S. the heating is now working!!!

2 comments:

J. said...

well, you go girl! i think the phyllo needs to be moistish--room temp. but not dry. that's when you run into trouble...

Sandra said...

Yeah, thanks, J. I read somewhere that it helps to keep a damp cloth on the pastry while you're at it. Or maybe it's just the Turkish phylo as opposed to Bosnian! ,-)