Sunday, March 28, 2010

Qué serà, serà...

An update to my last post on the moon's effect on natural birth and more specifically the fact that Steph will be away;

As it turns out ALL my back-ups (the kindergarden Mums, the friends, the Pilates teacher, the babysitter...) will all be away as well. In brief, should baby decide to arrive on 30.03.2010 (the next full moon) Emma and I will be going to the clinic together.


I think it's unlikely, but I'm not the one to decide.


This afternoon, we popped round to the clinic to show Emma some babies (no babies around, so we had to make do with baby pics on the walls) and ask the
Hebamme (midwife) if there was any way she could um, well, have a look and tell us that the baby was no way coming before a few days at least so that Steph could catch his plane tomorrow and we could be reassured.

Well, as it turns out, I was told that:
  • they "cannot tell the future"
  • even if they did check and told me there was no sign of labor, my waters might break 15 minutes after I got home
  • the full moon had no influence on these things at all
  • oh, and that the baby was fine
I can't say I feel much better.

Qué serà, serà...I guess.


In the meantime, I'll be using some birth affirmations to keep my spirits up and talking to the baby asking him to wait until Daddy gets back and possibly even until his Grandma (Gogo) gets here.



Here's a little film of Emma and Steph reading together this morning:

No comments: